Monday 24 November 2008

I have been continuing with my superior eating patterns since my last post but have stalled on losing any more weight. I was down almost 10lbs in total a few days ago but seem to have gained a few pounds inexplicibly since then. I'm not panicing though and intend to continue another week, as is, to see if it kick starts back up again.

Still haven't felt that my back is all clear for the attentions of Iyengar Yoga but hope to arrange a lesson for the following Monday. I did however start doing some GTG press ups and assisted chin ups. I will do 3 sets of these x 6 per week at half the reps I maxed out with - retesting every Monday.

I have also been putting in the miles walking. No back pack as yet as I feel it would aggrivate my lower back.

I am hoping that this will stop me getting ratty with those around me - I always feel a bit over aggressive in the absence of training.

3 comments:

Martin Schap said...

Very nice! Good to see you back to some kind of training at least. You are smart to take it easy on the back, even though it must be tempting to try and test the waters with some other exercises. I have often thought that GTG plus walking would be a near ideal program for the person who doesn't want to sweat too much or spend a lot of time in the gym but just wants good general health and wellness. I am eagerly awaiting your first yoga class.

Colin said...

Thanks. I always have a lot of plans but next year I would like to do more in the lines of walking. There is a centre about 50 miles from me where I can do Hillwalking and Mountain Leader courses. I've threatened it for a while but I'm going to make it happen.

I think the yoga should be enjoyable, the woman who takes it is one of those people you just instantly like. Very easy going and funny.

Good to hear that you are developing real useable strength in the wrists from the bending. I've often thought it a good add on rather than incorperating all the various exercises for wrist development.

Bit pricey I'd imagine, I need to save some £££s now.

Franklin said...

A few pounds is nothing. If the weight keeps drifting up then you have to start making the portions a little smaller .. learn to go to bed a little hungry at night.

Walking is great exercise especially with a brisk pace. Good luck with the yoga.