Wednesday 11 March 2009

Third session

Mobility
Ankles, Knees, Hips, Shoulders and Wrists

Warm Up - Snatches/Cleans/Jerks/Squats with the bar

Session C
Split Jerks from rack - 5 sets 3 reps - 42.5kgs
Power Snatch - 5 sets 3 reps - 30kgs
Overhead Squat - 5 sets 3 reps - 20kgs
Back Squats - 5 sets 5 reps - 50kgs
Standing Press - 5 sets 3 reps - 45kgs
Hanging Leg Raises - 2 sets of 12

Stretches

Comments: Still carrying a stinking cold. Every evening before training so far I haven't thought I'd make it, but I've felt better the next morning. We are still taking it easy on the intensity and zipping through the sessions so it hasn't been too tough.

Technique is still a work in progress obviously and it varies from OK to Bollocks. I haven't been of mind or body to practice on my own with a stick so far, but I expect it to get better along with my flexibility when I do start. I guess the best example of this today was the OH Squats. In the first few sets I was all over the place and not very deep. In the last few though I was getting down pretty deep with good balance and solid overhead. It was the first time I ever felt that I could handle more than just the bar.

Going back into a gym is funny as well. There is so much posing, gossiping and ridiculing of people's weight totals going on it's hilarious. I've promised Maurice though that'll I'll stop all that and concentrate on the training from now on ;)

1 comment:

Franklin said...

Great progress with OH squat .. truly nasty but extremely important assistance lift.

Everything looked reasonable until I saw 5x3@45kg presses .. [I'm such a puffer when it comes to presses (thanks god c&j is mostly legs)] .. nice job!!

Cheers to Maurice!!