Saturday 7 August 2010

Back Again

Shoulder seems to be back on the mend so I'm back at the KBs. In the past month I haven't done any damage on the body comp front I think I'm around the same as a month ago (or maybe even slightly better!). Weigh in tomorrow to see how things are going there.

Goal is still to drop a few more lbs of flab and hold on to my precious muscle mass. Diet plan is still around 2000kcals from 3 square meals a day in an 8 hour window of eating with an extra treat of around 500kcals on Wednesday and Sunday.

In the last month I have been doing 6 mobility drills daily and exercises to work on my posture from Anthony Carey's book The Pain Free Program. I'd love to say that I am 100% ache and pain free but I'm not. I am around 95% with the odd ache in my wrists, shoulders and knees and do feel a lot better.

KBs
Plan is just to keep it simple. Focus is on moving with the 3 basic exercises of Swing, TGU and Goblet Squat. I want no fewer than 3 workouts per week with empathsis on quality not quantity.

So I saw a good RKC recommend this little set up for beginners and in his own practice:

10-20 mins
Rounds of
Swings x 10
TGU 1 x L/R
G Squat x 5

Today was 10 mins

Waiter Walks @ 7.5kgs KB
30s one hand then 30s the other for 3 mins

I'm going alternate 10 / 15 / 20 min sessions for an Easy / Med / Hard set up and use the 16kgs KB for the swings and squats. The TGUs are "naked" and I'll work up to maybe 3-5 continuous reps per side before adding weight. I also intend bringing up the number of reps for the squat to match the swings. I'm just not that good at them at present.

No comments: