Monday 26 November 2007

How do you measure up? (Part 2)

Test Day!!!

I decided that I wanted to know exactly where I was with ROP before starting into ETK. I didn't think that I was that far away with the 16kg KB and so I was going to start about halfway through AOS workbook instead of right back at the start.

Anyway - here's how it went....

C&P 16kg 2, 2, 2 per arm
Loaded Clean 24kg x 2 per arm
C&P 24kg x 6 Left 5 Right (PR)
USSS snatch 16kgs x 200 (equals PR)

Thats right - I NAILED IT!!!

Didn't think I'd be far off the snatches - maybe around 180, but I certainly wasn't expecting to grind out those C&Ps first. Absolutely delighted I am.

Kinda puts me in a quandry though of where to start with the AOS workbook with the 24kg KB. Shall have to seek advice.

5 comments:

Rannoch Donald said...

Colin,

Great stuff. This will make you accountable! I'm an email away if you need any help. Think I might just have to start ROP with you!

What say we have a workshop in Ireland in the New Year?!

All the best

Rannoch

Martin Schap said...

Nice work. I saw your post on the dragondoor forum, and I'll be interested to see what people say. Intuitively I would think jump right in with the ROP. Your form is dialed in, and it is my understanding that the minimum is to give the athlete a chance to get in shape while practicing their skill in the snatch and c&p, which are obviously a little more technical than swings and get ups. Also, you can still do the assistance stuff on your variety days (get ups with the next heavier bell, heavy swings, etc.) Good luck! I'm looking forward to hear about your first snatch test with the 53# bell, as that is the jump I am getting ready to make in my snatches.

Colin said...

Cheers Rannoch

Yeah, I'd be up for that.

Colin said...

Thanks for your support Martin it means a lot.

I was thinking along the same lines. The prog minimum has never encouraged weight loss for me, and i've always kinda looked on it as giving your shoulders/body a break after all those presses.

How close are you to getting ready for working with the 24kg? Maybe we could keep each other motivated?

Martin Schap said...

I just need to order the damn thing. I "know" I could handle the weight based on my strength as demonstrated in other areas, I just don't have access to the heavier bell. I may be able to order one here in the next few weeks. If that's the case I will let you know and I would definitely be up for some friendly competition/motivation. I don't mind starting out behind, it will just inspire me to work harder.