Friday 30 November 2007

Not the King of the Swingers


Medium Day, swings and grind 'em outs :)

Warm Up:
Mobility Drills (Neck, Shoulders, Upper Spine, Hips, Knees and Ankles)
Front Squat 16kgs 3x5
Halos 16Kgs 3x5 Clockwise and Anticlockwise
M Press 16Kgs 2x3

M Press 24Kgs (1,2) x 3 L/R
Swings 24Kgs x 6mins (started 25 reps & 10s rest, quickly dropped to 10 reps = 105 reps)

Decompression Hang / Hamstring Stretch

Again, very tired before I started. Been a hectic week for me, new job, long hours travelling, blah blah blah. The grinds felt good though, KB didn't feel quite as heavy as it did the other day. Was really concentrating on "zipping up", making myself as tight as possible. Will have a good old re-read of ETK and write down all the coaching points for the clean & press for next time.

Bit disappointed with the swings though - my form was really good throughout, popping the hips through, locking the knees etc - but I thought that I'd have a lot more in me than that. Possibly closer to 140!! Oh well, leaves plenty of room for improvement. I've got a feeling that I would really need to be hitting well over 300 in 10 mins to have a good chance of the SSST.

Thinking about it now, I can't really complain. Sure I can always improve the form but it was pretty solid throughout and I gave what I had on the day. Can't really ask much more than that.

4 comments:

Martin Schap said...

Yeah Colin
I think that sounds like pretty good numbers. Remember, it's just a medium day, and it's what- your 2nd day with 24kg? You'll get to the SSST. I have been bidding on some 24s on ebay, we'll see. If I don't get them I'll definitely get one for Christmas. If I had the cash for the 32 I'd get one. Maybe before next fall when I start my travel season for work. I took my 16kg with me on the road all fall, so I know what you're going through with the business travel. Good job again!

Martin Schap said...

Great news! I just ordered a pair of 24kg dragondoor kettlebells on ebay! Got a great deal too! I highly recommend you check it out for your 32 if you decide to go that route. I will be getting these as a Christmas present, so look for me to start using them in a few weeks, assuming they get here before then, which I think is a pretty safe assumption.

Colin said...

Great stuff Martin - a pair of them no less. Thatll stand you in good stead for when ETK 2 comes out. I think I read that its all about doubles!!

I've been checking out ebay and the net for KB over here in N Ireland. The price buy them is falling which is good - but the cost to ship them from UK mainland is almost the same price again. I'm looking at £120 ($240) for 32kgs. I bought a 140kgs barbell set for less!!! Incredible...still I'm going to one soon anyway. I want this ROP real bad lol

Colin said...

Lookin forward to pushing each other on BTW!!