Saturday 7 February 2009

Half get Ups

Daily Joint Mobility Complex
35 reps each
GTG Squats 0.75" heel lift

Warm Up/Corrective Exercises
Shoulder Rotations
Trunk Rotations
Cradle Walk
X Band Walk
OH Squats with 0.75" heel lift
Pumps
Arm Bars @ 16kgs
1 x 10

Half Get Ups - 10 mins
24kgs x 5 e/a
16kgs

Swings - 5 mins
10 Sw @ 32kgs - top of the minute
Total - 50+

Stretch Routine
Held for 30 secs

'O' Rating
Right shoulder - 2
Right Knee - 2
Lower Back - 1


Comments - Dropped the heel lift another 1/4" - I've tried a few doorway tests without a heel lift but I seem to have the same sticking point. No worries, I reckon it'll be a case of one day I'll just kinda fall down past it and I'll be a proper squatter then.

Little bit of progress on the HGUs. 24s pretty easy on my left and I got some out of the right before the floor press was too much. Then I dropped to the 16 and was doing 2-3 floor presses for each HGU in sets of 2-3 on each side. I guess they added up over the time.

I was still feeling a bit frisky after this so I did some swings with the 32 - again all well within my limits.

Martin - I seem to remember a podiatrist telling me she thought that I had worn away cartilage in my right knee. It's really an acute pain which I got again today stretching my achilles. Ensuring that I'm lined up helps it. But in general I do get the same problem you refer to with my knees on flights, or stuck in cars etc.

I have also discovered that there is a powerlifting scene alive and well in N Ireland. I have put out the feelers and might join a club in the summer. I want to do a few more phases to make sure I rid myself of my niggles and get my body weight under a bit more control.

1 comment:

Martin Schap said...

Mixing in the 24kg on the TGUs. Very nice. That would be very cool if you could try a PL meet or two. I am extremely excited about it the ones I have coming up, and it is good to have that external motivator sometimes.