Tuesday 24 February 2009

Nightmare......

.....my hypertrophy phase has finished before it got started. When I was trying to figure out the weights I'd need to start out with on Saturday it didn't go well. Somewhere between DLing and Squatting (with light weights I may add) something was up. It didn't hurt but it didn't feel right either. Next morning I was tying my shoe laces when I got a really strange sensation. The best way I can explain it is if you have ever seen steel bridge swaying violently - it isn't broken per se, but it's structure is far from stable. That's the feeling I get - doesn't hurt but it's far from stable.

I hadn't heard a peep out of it since, but my confidence doing DLs was shaken so I opted for the following:

Chin - Single top of the minute - 7 decent reps: in line with the EDT strength protocol. I was planning on adding weight once I got to 15 singles.

Snatches 24kgs - 15 mins PR zone: I was aiming for around 140 and had tried them out a couple of times without any back trouble. I got to 84 in around 8 minutes when I got the same feeling in my back right round my kidney area. I stopped instantly.

It isn't sore now...at all. But I don't have much confidence in it. The mind is willing, but the body isn't it seems. I had already decided that I needed to join a club before I deadlifted again - its obvious I can't do it right on my own. Maybe that should be my next move. I'll stay focused on my diet while I figure it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mouse here,
That is bad news and things were going so well.
I hope whatever is causing this is not to serious and clears up quickly.
The main thing is not to let your head drop too much.
I still remember your advice the first time we 'spoke' and that was "Lift what you can, when you can!"
My recent injury really broke my rhythm, but I realised I could do 90% of my workouts and just didn't press or snatch.
That DL'ing businees is serious stuff (160 kgs!!??), personally I'd be wary about doing that self taught.