Friday 6 February 2009

Swinging Back into Action

Daily Joint Mobility Complex
35 reps each

Warm Up/Corrective Exercises
Shoulder Rotations
Trunk Rotations
Cradle Walk
X Band Walk
OH Squats with 1" heel lift
Pumps
Arm Bars @ 16kgs
1 x 10

Swings - 10 mins
12 Sw @ 24kgs - top of the minute
Total - 120+

Stretch Routine
Held for 30 secs

'O' Rating
Right shoulder - 1
Right Knee - 3
Lower Back - 2


Comments - Had an overnight stay in mainland UK on Wednesday. Coming back on Thursday I was stuck in the airport after a 4 hour delay due to snow. By the time I got back sleeping was the only thing on my mind.

No worries, swings today, get ups tomorrow and reign back on the weekend treats because everyone knows that I overdid while I was away. Start back into the routine come Monday.

Tonights session was very easy considering I still haven't managed to shake the headcold from earlier in the week. I actually racked up more than 120 reps because I was very focused on my swing form and forgot to count a few times. Back felt a little bit stiff in cobra stretch and my knee gave me a bit of jip doing the calf and achilles stretches. Shoulder feels really good.

1 comment:

Martin Schap said...

I couldn't tell you how many times I have done a few extra reps or even an entire extra set because i got "in the zone" and lost track of what I was doing. Not always a bad thing though. Could the knee be flaring up due to all the sitting around in the airport? My knees are always crap after a road trip, which sucked at my last job since I travelled constantly.