Friday 27 February 2009

Mess Around

Daily Joint Mobility Complex
35 reps each

Warm Up/Corrective Exercises
Shoulder Rotations
Trunk Rotations
X Band Walk
OH Squats with 0.75" heel lift
Pumps
1 x 10

Barbell -
Hang Snatches @ 20kgs
OverHead Squats @ 20kgs
Hang Cleans @ 20kgs / 30kgs
Push Jerks (with split) @ 30kgs
Front Squats @ 30kgs
3 sets of 5

Back Squats @ 30kgs
3 sets of 10

Stretch Routine
Held for 30 secs

'O' Rating
Right shoulder - 1
Right Knee - 1
Lower Back - 1
At some stage though I think I'll need to add wrists to this list.

Comments - Still a little up in the air as far as who's training me and where at this stage, so I just decided to do a light practice on my own. I thought I'd throw the ego out the window and just do barbell complexes. Gotta say though that it was plenty for a lot of the exercises. And even though I was in no hurry you can get tired enough by the end.

No surprise to me is that I need to do a lot of work on my flexibility. Squatting today was all done with 3/4" heel raise, and I struggle to get my elbows up and my wrists back for the rack in the clean and front squat. But its new and exciting and I look forward to getting really into it.

3 comments:

Franklin said...

Its very smart to go light on hang snatches, cleans, etc since its been a while since you trained these. Also with the volume you did it still represents a non-trivial amount of work .. great job!

Is Galway close to you? If so, there is Olympic Lifting Club there. Google for and check out Barry Kinsella's blog.

Colin said...

Galway a fair bit out of the way for me I'm afraid Franklin. I've had a look at his site before - its good reading.

I've just got to talk to the man who does it in my home town. I've heard mixed reports and I'm not sure about the facilities. Barring that I'll travel once a week to see George and then do the basic strength work at a decent gym near me.

While George is no longer well enough to lift himself - he lifted into his 60's and the other trainer is still competing in his 70's!! That's what I like to hear, plenty of longevity in the training.

Martin Schap said...

Longevity is what it is all about. Not a bad session for just messing around. Any complex with that many moves is sure to take a toll. Looking forward to seeing what you do with this.