Saturday 6 September 2008

Upper Body

Warm Up:
Mobility Pumps and Squats

Sandbag P Press: 5x3, 3 mins rest
30 x 5, 40 x 5, 50 x 5, 60kgs x 2 x 2

Stretches:
Decompression Hang, Hamstrings, Lower Back and Shoulders

Comments: Pretty tough with the 60kgs. I managed to get my hands under it and pressing off my palms rather than having to grip it if that makes sense. This made it easier to press but harder to balance. Isn't it funny that time and time again grip is the limiting factor.

Nipple update - no band-aid required. I heal like Wolverine!!!

Edit: should read 30 x 3, 40 x 3, 50 x 3, 60kgs x 2 x 2. Need to read throught it when I copy and paste.

2 comments:

Martin Schap said...

That's a huge jump in weight. You are an animal. A mutant, even.

Colin said...

Yip - I'm a xxxx man alright!

With the sandbag though it's not the pressing it out, it is balancing it, holding it and controlling it - those little things you talked about before. Sort that out and I'd have a fair bit more to add. Any sign of you making one yet??

Anyway it is the singles this coming week so I'm looking forward to those. I've also been looking through a lot of the WOD on American Parkour. Parkour still remains my ultimate vision of physical capacity. I'd like to start adding in little elements of that to my training. If I could get my weight under control and had good levels of relative strength I'd start practicing the basics.