Saturday 13 September 2008

Warm Up:
Mobility, Pumps, Bear Crawls

Sandbag Presses
30 x5, 40 x 4, 50 x 3, 60 x 2, 65kgs x 1 (failed twice)

Comment: Had the 65kgs on top of my head each time but couldn't press it out - I was actually laughing at myself too which didn't help :)

Pull Ups: 5 x5 (assisted) 90 secs between sets

Swings: 32kgs 150 reps in 10 mins

Finisher: Shouldered 65kgs sandbag and walked 150 feet.

Stretches

Comments: This 65kgs sandbag is proving to be a bit of thorne in my side. First with the squats and now the presses. The sand in it is soaking from the leaky dungeon I keep it in actually. So I must weigh it and check if it is nearer 70kgs - then I can feel better about myself!

Been doing a lot of walking this week and a switch to Precision Nutrition has produced 4 times the weight loss of the previous 2 weeks combined! I haven't weighed out anything and eat more (of the right stuff) if I feel especially hungry. It's a lot more expensive but it is obviously the way forward if I want the right body comp.

4 comments:

Martin Schap said...

Great news on the weight loss! I wonder if that is the reason for slower gains in strength. Perhaps your body is adjusting. Making gains in more than one area can prove difficult, whether it is strength and conditioning or whether it is cutting fat and building muscle. Most people can only make great gains in one thing at a time.

Colin said...

Yeah - it's got to have some effect. I've noticed that when I'm losing weight every now and then I will sleep for 10 hours plus. I think I need a little more rest as I'm not eating as many calories.

I've also cut rest between sets and exercises to get a little bit more of an overall metabolic conditioning effect. That too will eat into a few kilos weight on the 1 rep sets.

Martin Schap said...

That's what makes this game so interesting. Virutally endless variables to toy around with.

Franklin said...

Congrats on Precision Nutrition .. glad to hear you are making progress with it. It does take about 5 to 6 weeks to transition from will power to habit so hang tough!

Plan ahead when you are out and make sure you earn that 10% of non-compliance.