Wednesday 10 September 2008

Warm Up:
Mobility, Pumps, Squats

Sandbag Front Squat
30 x5, 40 x 4, 50 x 3, 60 x 2, 65kgs x 1 (failed)
Comment: Did all the hard work and got the sandbag up to my chest - I wasn't strong enough to hold onto it when I squatted down and lost it forward.

Circuit:

5 pull ups (assisted)
10 press ups
15 swings (32kgs)

5 rounds in 10 mins

Finisher:
Shouldered 65kgs sandbag and walked 100 feet.

Stretches

Comments: My brother won't lend me his wii-fit and Micheal Flattly is off the island so riverdance training is out - so I just did the above instead. Decreased the duration by shortening rest time between each set and between the components - looking more for a sustained elevated HR and strength endurance. Running has been messing with my knees so I'll keep it to a minimum and try to get some hikes with a backpack in instead. Main focus is on my food intake.

1 comment:

Martin Schap said...

Bit of a combo session here with the strength work followed by the circuit and then a finisher too, no less. Good training day.