Sunday 4 January 2009

Shoulder Progression

Daily Joint Mobility Complex
20 reps each - time to add more

Corrective Exercises / DL work
GTG Trainer CoC - 5 reps every 2-3 hours
Lats and Shoulders trigger points with tennis ball

Side Lying Rotation
Shoulder Rotation
Trunk Rotation
Reach, Roll and Lift
2 x10

X Band
Pumps
Cook Hip Lift
2 x 10

SLDL - 1 x 5
Suitcase DL 24kgs - 1 x 5
Suitcase DL 32kgs - 2 x 5

Good Morning Stretch x 3
Shoulder Stretch 5 mins - still a little tighter on my left side

Comments - Moving up to the next set of correction exercises for the shoulder - Trunk Rotation and Reach, Roll and Lift. I feel no pain in my shoulders doing press ups or any other load bearing movements come to think of it, and my flexibility is pretty much the same on both sides now. I was also within half an inch on my weaker side of passing the Trunk Rotation Test from FMS.

As usual the replacements are a bitch! I didn't think the trunk rotation would be too bad, but I was wrong. And the RR&L takes the shoulder work to a whole other level - especially my dodgier right side where like the Cook Hip Lift before it I have trouble getting much height off the ground.

Speaking of which I going to drop the glute activation stuff to only 1 set of 10 - these exercises have gotten pretty easy for me now, but I'd still like to include them at least for a little while longer.

DLing went very well today. I was very mindful of each and every rep, probably because I was treating them all like singles and striving for perfection with each one. Back feels really good and I don't feel as tight in my hamstrings day to day now the glutes are doing their share. Really looking forward to starting barbell DLs and KB MPs.

No comments: