Friday 7 December 2007

Form -drastic!!

Workout was as follows:

Heavy

Warm Up:
Mobility Drills (Neck, Shoulders, Upper Spine, Hips, Knees and Ankles)
Front Squat 16kgs 3x5
Halos 16Kgs 3x5 Clockwise and Anticlockwise
M Press 16Kgs 2x3

M Press 24Kgs (1,2, 3) x 4 - total of 24 reps L/R
Sw 24Kgs 122/6mins

Decompression Hang / Hamstring Stretch

Pressing form wasn't as good tonight. In fact on my last rung on my last ladder I stalled with my 2nd rep. It didn't feel right - so i recleaned and pressed it correctly and then finished with another one. Beginning to see that there is a fine line between successfully completing a rep and completely stalling!!

That said - I still went through this pretty easily, another ladder added next week.

I'm still not feeling it with my swings - I've improved and its over 20 per minute, but I've still got a lot to find and its killing me haha. I am making slow progress though, so I shall just have to be patient and continue to work as hard as I am.

3 comments:

Martin Schap said...

Hey. Sometimes you just have to show up and trust that you're getting something out of it even when the whole workout isn't perfect. Seems like if I have a crappy day training less than once a week things are going really great. And guess what!? My 24kg bells arrived today! I snatched one right away just to try it out, but now they get put away until my Christmas Eve workout. They're a lot harder than the 16kg. I can easily get 25 snatches per arm with the 16kg, and the 24kg started to feel pretty heavy around 12 or so. Looking forward to pushing each other...

Colin said...

Great news Martin!! If it's only starting to get heavy after 12 then you're WAY in advance of me. Think it may be more like you pulling me behind you lol. I've got a couple of weeks to prepare it seems though :)

My 32 arrived yesterday - the exhausted delivery man wheezed "what IS this?!?" to my mum haha. It is a beast!! I cleaned it on my stronger left side, but it will be quite a while me thinks before it will go over my head. Haha

Martin Schap said...

The delivery man asked my wife the same question! Haha! She should have told him these were "only" the 24kg bells and to just wait til I get really strong...