Wednesday 5 December 2007

Form-tastic!!

Workout was as follows:

Warm Up:
Mobility Drills (Neck, Shoulders, Upper Spine, Hips, Knees and Ankles)
Front Squat 16kgs 3x5
Halos 16Kgs 3x5 Clockwise and Anticlockwise
M Press 16Kgs 2x3

M Press 24Kgs (1,2) x 4 - total of 12 reps L/R
Sw 24Kgs 141/8mins

Decompression Hang / Hamstring Stretch

Couple of times tonight I really got what I'm supposed to in pressing - I was zipped up, strong through the middle, kettlebell across the palm of my hand and power breathing forcefully...the KB practically floated up. Even on the way down, I was engaging my lat well. It felt great!! Didn't happen often enough, but it's a start.

Paced myself a lot better on the swings this week. Just did sets of 10 with roughly 10secs rest. I know I have a lot more to come on these and I know that I really need to improve my grip for the snatches. The 32kger still hasn't arrived (the guy was just telling me that his delivery man has nearly died delivering his stuff up 3 flights of stairs haha), but hopefully once I start with that it will go a long way to improving these areas.

No comments: