Monday 31 December 2007

Easy

Warm Up:
Mobility Drills (Neck, Shoulders, Upper Spine, Hips, Knees and Ankles)
Was a bit lazy and skipped my usual little complex....again!!

M Press 24Kgs (1,2, 3) x 5 - total of 30 reps L/R
Sw 24Kgs 100/10mins

Decompression Hang / Hamstring Stretch

Pressing was alrite - not especially great form, wasn't concentrating as much. Trained in my bedroom today as it was bucketing down. Had kerrang music channel on and spent a lot of time watching videos .....ooops :(

Swings were easy - I decided to do them to be on the safe side instead of the snatches cos I was indoors. I think in future I'm going to get a little more scientific on these, timing rests etc. I used to do this but my heart rate monitor watch broke and now i just go from mobile phone timer.
These were an easy 10 on the minute for 10 mins about 50% effort I reckon

2 comments:

Martin Schap said...

Just a SWAG, but are you skipping your little complex because you're bored with it? I only ask because I often have the same problem. ONe thing I've found to help is switching it up between several different ones. I've used alternating rounds of push-ups and jumping jacks, different KB drills like halos, windmills and get-ups, and various barbell and bodyweight combos. This helps stave off boredom, in my experience.
You asked about the pull-ups for the TSC. I think I have to get at least 20-25 to place in the top 10. Of course, 30 would be even better. This is especially true because of the limited time I have to train snatches with the 24kg. I may be able to pick up some chalk today, which should help a lot. I found a place that carries it, but of course they were out, so I have to check back. If not I will order some...

Colin said...

Its funny you should ask - after reading Dan John's recent post about training philosophy I liked what he said about fitting exercises you need to do everyday in your warm up. So I set up a couple of different ones like you said.

I think the reasons I'm skipping at present are boredom, the fact that I'm training in limited space in my bedroom as weather sucks here at present, pressed for time. To be honest though I haven't been really big on warm ups for a long time now. I look on it that I want to get strong for whatever life throws at me. If I have to scale a wall, lift and carry someone, carry sand cement blocks or whatever else my dad needs shifted that day. Lift something heavy that has fallen on someone - isn't any time to warm up in these circumstances.

Cool - a high but doable target. I saw a link on DD other week about a progression programme to doing explosive pullups from a bar to another at a higher level. That kind of bodyweight mastery is where I want to end up.