Monday 10 December 2007

My, what a horrible snatch!!!

Easy

Warm Up:
Mobility Drills (Neck, Shoulders, Upper Spine, Hips, Knees and Ankles)
Front Squat 16kgs 3x5
Halos 16Kgs 3x5 Clockwise and Anticlockwise
M Press 16Kgs 2x3

M Press 24Kgs (1) x 5 - total of 5 reps L/R
Sn 24Kgs 72/6mins

Decompression Hang / Hamstring Stretch

Pressing form good. Concentrated really well, stayed pretty tight and tonights little area of focus was on the lat on the way up and down. They can really take it out of you when you do them this way even though they seem to go up easier....maybe it's just me though :)

Snatches were UGLY!!! Trouble was that no matter what I did with my right arm I kept pinching a callous on the way down. This kinda resulted in me trying to keep hold of the KB almost on my fingertips!!! I wasn't even really swinging it through my legs, they were more like deadhang snatches.....grim stuff to look at I bet. All of this made it harder on the right hand side than it should have been. Left though was grand. Mind you, if I could stretch out this amount of work over 3 times the time - I'd be well over the target haha.

Will have to have a play about with the 32 tomorrow night....my dad has commented that I'm scared of it....I reckon once he sees me swinging it about like a rag doll, he'll be scared of me ;)

1 comment:

Martin Schap said...

Colin, where are you? Here it is Thursday and I see no workout posted since Monday! Get in there and kick you own butt!