Thursday 13 December 2007

Illness not laziness :)

Early on Tuesday I began to feel really bloated. This presisted until mid-afternoon when my body decided to throw nausea into the mix. I left work early and by the time i got home my body was shivering, sweating and doing other unspeakable things that I refuse to mention here haha.

It's now Thursday - I haven't eaten anything really for 2 days and anytime I try to it passes right on through!! I am feeling a lot better though and fingers crossed I should be fit for work again tomorrow.

It's either a bug or food posioning, but the only thing I could put that down to would be a bacon sandwich I had. How could bacon do that to me? After all we have been through together!!!!

Seriously though - I don't believe that this was brought on by overtraining weakening my immune system. I felt grand after Monday nights practice. Its a little bit of a set back and when I do get back into KBs I shall probably repeat the week that I missed again.

It is good to know that I do have someone who is going bust me if I do stop for no good reason though. Get a training blog up Martin and I'll gladly do the same for you!! :)

1 comment:

Martin Schap said...

Ok Colin, fair enough. I'll be watching though...
In all seriousness, get well soon, and take your time getting back into it if you need to. Better to ease back in and make progress slowly than jump in and wind up injured on top of your illness. I feel sorry for you, I truly do. There is no feeling worse than the feeling of lost training time.
As to my log, check me out at usefulstrength.blogspot.com
You'll notice I do a lot of different stuff besides kettlebells, but I'm using one about 3x weekly.
Speedy recovery!
Martin