Monday 13 October 2008

60/60

Warm Up:
Mobility, Pumps

60 seconds for each exercise, pick your level and perform as many reps as possible. Rest 60 seconds, then move on to next exercise:

Push Ups - Strength-regular
35 - I'm a man again doing full press ups

Body Rows - Stability-60 degree
19

Cable Military Press – 2 cables
16 - not sure of the cable ratings, but 2 of them was plenty hard for this.

Cable Cleans – 1 cable
26

Chin Ups – assisted
17

Lunges
29 - alternating legs (I did do the 30th for symmetry)

Jungle Gym Leg Curls
30

Cable Front Squat – 2 cables
15 - the cables keep coming from under my feet and flying up at me. Can't keep my feet flat on the ground so I shall have to think about this one for the future. Switched to deep BW Squats after a few attempts.

Cable Deadlifts – 3 cables
24 - cables are too long so I had to stop and wrap them around my feet a few times. Wasn't ideal set-up but it was doing a number on me none-the-less.

Comments: Quite a tough little circuit. Like most of these things it looks quite easy on paper but kicks your ass. Probably should have prepared myself a bit better for the exercises - at least tried them out before going at it proper.

I liked the way I was able to do all of this in my tiny bedroom using the cables, jungle gym and BW. There really is no excuse for me if it is lashing down outside now - which it will be for the next 6 months.

Edit: Place the cables under the block of wood I use for raising my heels. It may result in a block of wood flying up and hitting me in the ass but what the hell.


No comments: