Monday 6 October 2008

MBG stuff has arrived!!!

Today I was quite surprised to find my MGB stuff was waiting for me when I got home. I had intended to do an evil session involving 4 body weight exercises and a deck of cards, but as you can imagine I got kinda side tracked.

In the pack amongst other stuff I got a very sturdy power wheel and a jungle gym - webbing with handles basically. I've mainly been playing around with these. They are realitively simple tools but I can already see the potential for their use.

The power wheel is killing me on the simple exercises they recommend to start with. My shoulders and mid section are going to get hammered!! The webbing is going to help me develop my ability to perform some very essential body weight exercises like chins, dips and pistols. I'm actually quite excited by the prospects.

MBG has some tests they recommend you complete prior to starting the 60 day challenge. Partly to gauge your progress but more for determining the level of exercise progressions to start at. I shall do those tomorrow night and post the results. Some of them I already where I'll be, but some others shall be interesting.

Edit: For got to add that my calves are killing me today from skipping. With the KB stuff and low rep DLs I was always fine the next day. This approach has me sore all over though.

4 comments:

Martin Schap said...

Very cool. So you start the 60 day challenge this week? Good luck! I was checking out the 100 yard challenge the other day. The power wheel looks positively brutile.

Martin Schap said...

Brutal. I meant brutal. I don't know where my brain is.

Colin said...

Don't worry about it. I re-read some of my posts with words missed and incorrect spelling all over the place. Embarassing.

Franklin said...

Yep, I told you the PowerWheel crawls are murder .. I'll take sets of the much easier "rollouts, 5 sec holds and rollbacks" anyday.