Wednesday 22 October 2008

Pyramids

Pyramid from 1...10...1, alternating between:

  1. 24kgs Snatches L/R
  2. Burpees
Snatches - 200 total
Burpees - 100 total

30:13

Comment: Bit of a miscalculation tonight. When I started I thought it was 100 reps of each I was doing. Then it dawned on me I was doing 200 snatches. My mind started to panic and I was thinking of ways I could cut the reps.

"I'll finish up on the 10 reps" "Just go to 7 and back down"

By the time I got to 10 I told myself it was all downhill....and physically it was! I'm sure I coughed up several organs as I tore down my body. MBG looked easier than this on paper - it'd better do the job.

2 comments:

Martin Schap said...

It has been a long time since I did a conditioning workout that took me 30 minutes. I could easily live the rest of my days without doing it again and never miss it. Power to you. I am sure this will work as long as you don't do what my cousin Scott does. He regularly exercises and then declares himself "overflowing with virtue" and goes and eats whatever he wants.

Colin said...

I figured it was going to be around about that time quite early on in the session. I didn't want it to be.

But pride just kicked in and I had to finish it as written.

I have been doing what Scott does this year. My training has been consistant but I have been especially greedy. I'm not one of those who can get away with it though - and I know it.

Fortunately I have keeping myself in check for a while now and it is getting easier. Success breeds success. Haven't weighed myself but clothes are getting looser.