Wednesday 8 October 2008

6th Test

Warm Up:
Mobiltiy, pumps and skipping (F/B)

Long conditioning test
100 yards Bear Crawl + 1000 revolutions skipping (F)

18:47

Circuit - 30/30

30 seconds of exercise 1, 30 seconds rest, 30 seconds exercise 2, 30 seconds rest, repeat for a total of 8 minutes, alternating between:

Kettlebell Swings - 24 kgs
BW Squats
18-20 reps for each

Rest as needed, then repeat same format as above with:

Assisted Pull Ups
Burpees
8-11 reps for each

Comments:Killer. I am sitting here sweating buckets as I write this. As I did the long conditioning test today I missed out the middle couple of exercises from the WOD. Sprinting on the spot and Step Ups. I did this as the test was harder than I thought it'd be. Go figure!!

I made it a little harder than the lowest level of stairway crawls to bear crawls on the flat. I did them forwards and backwards across my yard. They were tough, but nowhere near as bad as those pesky power wheel crawls - my stomach is so sore today from yesterdays try out.

After this the 30/30 circuits were brutal. It's going to be a long 60 days!!!

3 comments:

Martin Schap said...

The college I recruit for has a lot of materials with the slogan "It won't be easy, but it will be worth it." Maybe that can be your theme for the next 59 days. Looks like a killer, that's for sure. How often do you get a rest day?

Colin said...

Haha - I like it.

Do it 4-5 times per week. I'll do 2 on 1 off for a bit to see how I get on. Get in plenty of walking. As always it will be in vain unless I get my eating sorted.

Don't think I've trained with such consistancy since I started this blog. Yet I surpassed my heaviest weight by 14 lbs not so long ago. :(

Franklin said...

Nasty man, nasty stuff! .. I'm glad I have a bad knee excuse for not doing that stuff!

As you know I really struggle with my weight (hence its always the 1st thing posted in my daily blog) so know what you are going through. I just can't keep any sweets, cookies or bread in my house as I know I couldn't resist. Its the restaurants and visiting others that knocks me off the wagon.