Sunday 5 October 2008

Skipping Pyramid

50-100-150-200-250-200-150-100-50 revolutions forwards and backwards

43:37

Comment: Forwards this was a piece of cake, sprinted through it. This was my first time ever skipping backwards though. It was so frustrating. I started in one's and the ocassional two's, and was forever whipping myself in the face with the leather rope. I'm not into that sort of thing, it was just accidental ya know!!

At the end, even though I was tired, I was stringing together bursts of 5. It'll come with a bit more practice and I reckon I'll bust this time wide open when I try it again. There's a good scene on the Enamait dvd I got recently about practicing skipping, including double unders, cross overs etc. I might start practicing these briefly as a warm up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Double unders? Crossovers? Please explain. Nice blog, by the way. Great header. You're right, a blog is a great way to hold yourself accountable to your workouts.

I'm looking forward to more.

Best,
Jim

Colin said...

Hey Jim. Thanks, header isn't bad but my typography is a bit weak. Have to do a new one soon...when I get the time.

Double unders are when you do two revolutions of the rope to one jump. Crossovers, when you take your left arm to your right side and your right arm to your left side in the middle of a revolution.

Just think all the cool things Rocky would do with a rope during a training sequence. That's what I want to practice. :)

Good luck in your own personal battle with the snatches. Hope the hands are holding up.

Franklin said...

Backwards jumping?! Now that's really tough .. great job!

Also, for some danged reason I can't do the one leg after the other stride like jumps only the two-legged jumps. Then again no jump roping for me until this freak'n knee recovers.