Sunday 6 January 2008

Pressed the 32!! Woohoo!!

Variety Day

Started with some single Clean & Push Presses with the 24kg KB. These helped me to sort out my knee dip and drive a bit before I had a go with the 32. I was a bit dubious about it to be honest.

As usual I started on my weaker right side and manage to grind it out ...after it got stuck about half way up haha. It went up pretty easily on my left though. So easily in fact that after a better push press on right I flat out military pressed it on my left. :) It amazes me how delighted I get when I win these little battles.

I had another push press on each side and then decided to quit while I was ahead. I completed an easy session with some waiter walks with the 24 / Swings - 1 handed with 24 and 2 handed with the 32 / Farmers walks.

It looks like I'm certainly going to need to add another ladder to my presses to have a chance of knocking off 5 c&p's each side with the 32 though....shame my shoulders are already beginning to feel a bit trashed with the volume they've had so far.

1 comment:

Martin Schap said...

Damn right Colin! That is very strong work. Do you take back off weeks? I am too lazy to count back through your training to see how long you've been at it, but if your shoulders are feeling the strain you might be due for a week of just the Program Minimum or something. Just a thought. Awesome to hear you pressed the 32. How much is shipping for the bulldog? You better start saving up, because you will need one sooner than you know it...
Really though, it made my day to see that on your blog. Great job.