Thursday 24 January 2008

Program Brutal!!

12 mins ManMakers - Swings/Skipping alternating on the minute.

Got 36 swings x 6 during this for a total of 216.

Without the grip sapping C&Ps I usually do before swings everything was on a more level field tonight. By that I mean my grip was fresh and it wasn't the limiting factor here. I did swings continuously for each minute (exactly 36 each time!) and at the end my heart was thumping, my glutes were so pumped I thought I was J-Lo, legs were shakin', suckin wind like crazy....oh, and my forearms were on fire. And I was worried about "stepping backwards"!!

In all seriousness though I think this will be really good for me. I'm sure I'll increase my swing and snatch numbers significantly during this phase. Anecdotes abound on DD about TGUs increasing pressing strength, but if I can maintain my numbers while giving my shoulders a break I'll be very happy.

No comments: