Monday 7 January 2008

Variety WEEK

Martin it has been about 6 weeks since I did the ETK ROP with the 16/24kg. I did have close to a week where I wasn't training while I was ill, but no back off really factored in. I guess I was hoping to nail 5 rungs and 5 ladders the other night and then press the 32 5 times so I would drop the volume WAY down and start over - Yeah Right!!! Haha

I have thought about it today and decided that I am going to take your advice. I'll take a break and start back where I left off next Monday. In the interum though I going to have a week where I can let my mind run wild. At least 3 sessions where I'll do kinda crossfit workouts, but all to a fairly easy pace/intensity. Sledgehammer work, carries, sandbags, bodyweight stuff performed in little circuits. Any KB work I reckon I'll just do with the 16. Relax into stretch, super joints stuff too - and a good old re-read or two of Pavel's books.

Tonight though I'm going to simply go for a walk - I do a lot of walking that I don't really mention or count as training but really it's great for you. There's a girl I meet regularly on my walks who has lost 140lbs in just over a year from keeping her diet in check and walking regularly.

There is a post on DD today from a guy who has been following Kenneth Jays' V02 Max snatch routine. He did 450 reps in just under 23 minutes and at the 20 min mark had completed 407 - 2 SSST tests back to back!!! Incredible amount of work - I really need to have a look at that and see if I would be able to incorporate it into my ETK work.

1 comment:

Martin Schap said...

I used to walk all the time and I miss it. The best was in college in the summers when I would walk about 25minutes to and from work every day. That was my favorite part of that job.
Good luck on the variety week. For me they tend to yield very good gains. The end of the variet week might also be a good opportunity to give yourself a testing day and either measure KB specific drills or your WTH effect list.