Monday 14 January 2008

Return of the ETK Jedi ;)

Easy

Warm Up:
No warm up again....but I did buy the Z-Health R-Phase DVD today, to see what all the fuss is about.

M Press 24Kgs (1,2, 3) x 5 - total of 30 reps L/R
Sw 24Kgs 110/10mins

Decompression Hang / Hamstring Stretch

Haven't trained in a little while it seems. Reason was that I had an out of the blue saturday working at clearing my shed out with my dad. Rest of the weekend was spent drinking and recovering. Ooops - not gonna pass ANY tests that way :)

Quite a bit of work to do and it was amazing how many heavy, odd shaped things he has!! I could lift anything in there no problems...that I could get my hands around. It was embarassing how weak my hands are, especially I guess at pinching holds. I've already mentioned how my grip is definitely the limiting factor on my snatch/swing numbers - so from now on it's getting some special attention.

I've got some advice from Adam Glass on DD and came up with introducing the following to my training - using a gripper in the other hand when doing my Presses in ETK. Lever work, pinch grip work and extensor work on my off days. These won't be so regimented with sets reps etc, prehaps more like GTG. I have a few specific ideas but need a few bits and bobs for those so I'll have to wing it a little til I get everything.

Pressing felt good - shoulders felt fresh. I was using the gripper on my 1st, 3rd and 5th sets as I didn't want to go for overkill straight off. Man - they made SUCH a difference to the pressing. The 2nd and 4th sets seemed much harder without the gripper!! Irradiation in practice.

Swings were grand - Grips was OK on these but I could feel a difference after working grip harder on presses. These were an easy 11 on the minute for 10 mins about 50% effort. Hoping to add a few reps each session and get up to 250 swings on my hard day quite quickly.

Good session all in all and I feel good after it, more energised arguably than all last week.

1 comment:

Martin Schap said...

That's a neat idea Colin. What kind of gripper are you using? Feel good to be back? I always feel a little beat up and stuff so I'm completely ready for my easy week, but then by the end of the week I can hardly stand it.