Thursday 10 January 2008

RKC Snatch Test (kinda)

Tonight I was in a big hurry, it was crap outside again but I really wanted to get something done...

So I lifted my 16kg KB and aimed to snatch it 50 times each arm....I didn't, it was too hard haha

Sn 16kg KB 40L/40R
Press ups...all out straight after snatches.....10 hahaha

Nightmare - I must have done the snatches in 3mins or less total because they were killing me after 30 or so and I wanted them done. I was shaking after that and I decided to man up and hit the deck....for a few seconds didn't think I was going to get one even!!!

This week has definitely been different, and I've had a bit of fun with it. I'll shall get in at least one more session before I start back proper for ROP on monday.

I actually feel a bit sick now :)

3 comments:

Martin Schap said...

Wow Colin. Your snatches are getting very good. I doubt I would be able to go 40 on each side with the 16kg. I think the last time I tried to go for high reps with 16kg I got about 25 per arm.

Colin said...

You reckon!! I was a little disappointed - it felt so light that I thought I'd get 50 easy. The main trouble was the grip again - man my forearms were burning.

Mind you so were my lungs come to think of it!!

Martin Schap said...

Yeah, I may try 16kg snatches later just to prove to you that I can't come close to 40 per arm.
Back to it tomorrow (Monday)? Don't feel too bad if your groove feels off at first. It's weird, I always come back from an off week feeling strong and well rested, but I usually need at least a workout or two to feel good doing my usual exercises. I'll be interested to see if you notice the same thing.