Saturday 26 January 2008

Vo2 Max day...or not!

Was looking forward to this. Had done all the reading up on the protocol etc, but when I went to my HR monitor watch the battery had gone. It gave me the excuse I needed to order a gymboss which should definitely be here by the time I due for this again.

Instead I did this (timed off my mobile phone)

Alternating 15 snatches Left, on top of the minute, 15 snatches Right top of next minute
Repeat until you can't complete set of 15 at same pace. Which is more or less what V02 max is anyway.

Completed 13 good sets - broke down at 11 on my weaker right arm for a total of 206.

Grip of course was the weakest link and was hanging on by my finger tips towards the end, my hands cramping. Probably not a good idea considering I was more or less doing them in front of my laptop. Typing this now my forearms are rock hard.

ENJOY THE PAIN!!!

2 comments:

Martin Schap said...

You will love the gymboss. If you post a flattering comment on your blog and then email them the link they will send you a free t-shirt. I took your advice and took the rest of the weekend off. I feel much better and will attack it again tomorrow. I like the look of your new programming. I predict you will be ready to do the ROP with 32kg in a few weeks.

Colin said...

Glad to here it. I was worried about you ;)

Yeah it's a bit more conditioning orientated, and easier on my shoulders. I've decided that if I can't do the ladders with 32kg then I'm going the low volume approach to improvement - adding ankle weights or something.

Thanks for the gymboos tip.