Friday 15 February 2008

24 kgs MP 3x5 32kgs PP 5x1

Extensor work in sandbox

CoC Gripper (Trainer) 3 x 5

Pinch grip wooden block 11.25kgs 3 x 20secs

Levering - Forward and back with sledgehammer 2 x 5
Wrist flexion with sledgehammer 2 x 5 - hand positioning close to head to sledge

Seems to me that the best sessions I have are the ones where I really concentrate on getting and staying tight through exercises. Felt really strong throughout - and even MP the 32kg on my right side tonight for the 1st (of many). Really enjoyed the grip strength part again. Will try out the Brookfeild tip you gave me Martin to help close the gap to the Number 1. Also I could do with a tape measure to chart the progress of my sledgehammer drills :)

4 comments:

Martin Schap said...

You can press 32kg with both sides now? That's a major milestone! Nice grip work too. I have long held the opinion that grip work should be taken care of by everything else I do, but then I realized how weak my hands are compared to people who do serious grip training. I wish I had gotten on board with this years ago.

Colin said...

Yeah, I've pressed it left and right - just not together lol. Couldn't do the left earlier.

Couldn't agree more on your comment about grip work. Next year we'll be bending horseshoes and rolling up frying pans ;)

Martin Schap said...

Hey, after reading Adam's story on the forum I don't think that's out of the question. I would've thought he'd been in the bending game for years, but one year was all it took him. Just need to get a few nails from IronMind and get started...
I think you'll be pressing the 32kg for a couple of reps in no time. Now that you know you can do it, it's just a matter of building up some volume, which of course you're doing.

Martin Schap said...

Training is looking a little spotty... You didn't let the Red Bull and vodka lure you away again did you?