Tuesday 19 February 2008

Look - no hands!!! Well.....one hand.

13 mins ManMakers - 1 Handed Swings/skipping alternating on the minute.

7 x 30 (15 L/R) 24kgs 1 Handed Swings during this for a total of 210.

Once I picked up the bell on each swing set I didn't put it down til I had done 30. These felt a bit alien to me and I felt it most in my hamstrings and lungs. My grip was good, while it didn't burn as much as 2 handed and VO2 Max days, there was more chance of it just flying out of my hand behind me when I loaded up for another swing. I hope that makes sense. Certainly got the ability to knock it up in reps too - try 17 L/R next time

Overall very happy with this session - I feel that I am making great headway into the mini goals I set myself on the road to SSST.

2 comments:

Martin Schap said...

Are you warming up at all these days? Just curious, because you used to post it. I am assuming these swings are with the 24kg? And yes, that made sense, at least to me. I have had the same concern. Did I ever tell you about the time when I sent a 24kg hurtling across my living room? I was terrified it would hit the window, but luckily I was not strong enough to throw it that far... It was maybe the only time in my life I have been glad to be too weak to do something.

Colin said...

Yes with the 24. Haven't done a warm up since I stopped posting it...been doing some Super Joints in the mornings. This is quite a recent thing though and low reps at present so I haven't bothered mentioning.

I can imagine the look on your face as that bell went sailing...not good.