Monday 25 February 2008

Balancing of the scales

Stepped on the scales the other day for the first time since I recorded my weight in this blog. I knew I was heavier as I've been eating like a horse....binging on biscuits at times if I'm honest (man I love biscuits). I wasn't however expecting to weight in at my heaviest ever - a whopping 15st 7lbs or 217lbs.

Even though I'm carrying a lot more weight I think a fair bit of it must be muscle as haven't triggered the major sign that tells me it's time to cut back - excessive belly bouncing when I run down stairs :)

Never-the-less its a sickening amount of weight to be carrying and certainly not in tune with my goals. Goes to prove a simple peice of advice I've been seeing over and over on DD lately - You can't out condition the dinner table.

Back to training tomorrow but I've been rereading the Warrior Diet last couple of days and I think that it actually makes a lot more sense to me on my 2nd read. The first time I read it I dismissed it out of hand. I've tried lots of "diets" in my time and lost weight on all of them. What I'm after though is a simple set of guidelines that I can follow more or less for life and keep weight off indefinitely.

Started it today, so I will begin to record how I'm going with it on this blog as well as my quest for the ROP.

2 comments:

Annie Hatke Schap said...

The one thing all the "good" diets have in common is that they are all something that the ordinary person could stick with because they have some wiggle room built in. I have not read "The Warrior Diet" but if it works for you then that's fantastic. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the scale though. This is not news, but if you train and eat to be fit and strong, your body will find it's ideal weight and proportions.
Oops, I am posting as my wife, but this is Martin.

Colin said...

Wow Martin you've got a lot prettier ;)

Yeah I hear what you are saying, basically I think it boils down to eating as clean as possible for around 90% of the time and not going completely overboard on the 10%.

Obviously if you want to be ripped then you need to think about that 10% as well. Warrior diet is about the timing though, more or less fasting during the day and eating heaps as you relax at night. It sounds crazier than it is.