Friday 8 February 2008

Tested cadance - 6 mins of ever increasing snatches per minute until an all out final minute - managed 28. Use 60% of total for each set.

36 sec snatching 36 sec rest alternating arms after each set- cadence 17 reps per arm (thats right, I rounded down haha)

14 sets - total of 238.

Did 2 other sets which I haven't counted here of 12 L/R - didn't finish with the right so I did the same again on my left for symmetry. So what with these and the ones at the start I reckon I'll run close to 20 sets next time I try this. If I hit 20 @20 reps and have been swinging 1 handed for a while I'll have a crack at the SSST for a laugh soon after.

**Just a little aside here. My forearms were seriously pumped after this and solid too. I decided while I was waiting for my dinner to cook that I'd measure them quickly for a laugh. They were 13". I don't know why thinking about it now, but I wasn't too impressed and just went back to focusing on my dinner. I've just checked the measurement I took when I started this blog - 11.5". Must be why I try not to bend my arms too much when I've got my jacket on now haha.

1 comment:

Martin Schap said...

Wow Colin. 28 per minute is moving. Also, I think your forearms are bigger than my biceps. Congratulations you animal. Looking forward to your SSST.