Friday 29 February 2008

GTG 32kg P Presses most of the day - maybe 8 or 9 singles

3 x 3 MP 24kgs and 2 x 1 P Presses 32kgs

Left shoulder still feels real beat up. Have been doing Super Joints every morning for a week or so now, but I reckon I need quite a few reps to sort out the nagging little issues I have with my shoulders.

None-the-less, back to ROP program Monday for 6 weeks. My goals are to hit 250 1 handed swings in under 10 mins and get 5 L/R Clean and Presses 32kgs by the end of this cycle. If my shoulders feel like they aren't going to make it through the cycle then I will probably just switch to GTG everyday with 32 and see how I get on.

Warrior Diet is working out well for me so far - I'm not one of these who runs to the scales every morning but I'll weight myself in another week or two and post the results. It seems like something I could stick to for a long time.

(Oh, and my legs are STILL killing me!!)

2 comments:

Martin Schap said...

ROP and then some strength work? Not to depress you, but I think you may have seen me write about hurting my shoulder a few years ago and it still hurts? Some things like that just never seem to go completely away.
Your legs are still sore because you didn't follow my advice to go for a short jog. I contend that there is nothing better to shake out that lingering soreness.

Colin said...

My shoulders have been like this for quite some time too - they are getting stronger though so it's just a question of management so that they dont get too trashed.

Yip - ROP and then onto PTTP for a few months. Swings and snatches for conditioning to keep me headed towards the SSST.