Thursday 21 February 2008

A series of unfortunate events!!

Vo2 Max: 36 sec snatching 36 sec rest alternating arms after each set- cadence 19 reps per arm

10 sets 19, 2 sets 12 - total of 214.

Hurt my right wrist, feels like I tweeked a tendon or something, on set of 12. Finished up with 12 on the other side. I can't help feeling that this is to do with the levering I've been doing with the sledge - too much I think. I've been thinking that the sledge is a little to unscientific and I could do with something I could measure and progress with a bit more gradually. I think I have just the thing when I'm mended.

So with wrist injured I still felt the need to do a bit more work so I decided to do a few laps around the block - its probably around 400m per lap. Nearing the end of my slow second lap I got a knot in each of my calves - feels worse than the wrist. Definitely not what I had planned for the session but there you go - sometimes you just gotta roll with it.

3 comments:

Martin Schap said...

Wow Colin. Some guys just have all the luck. Or maybe I gave you all of mine from the past few weeks.
On an only slightly related note, have you ever seen the site runthere.com? It uses google mapping technology, so you can find where you live and then map out your running routes. It goes down to a tenth of a kilometer, so not crazy accurate, but good enough for government work.

Colin said...

Cool little site that. I'm glad to report that a lap is actually 0.42 miles which is closer to 650m. Not just as slow as I thought I was.

Probably be doing a bit of running now til the wrist clears up :(

Martin Schap said...

Our blocks are very nearly the same size. I think I decided mine is either 640 or 660 meters. If city planners really cared about fitness all new developments would feature blocks that are an even 400m.
Get healed up. Don't be an idiot like me and try to push it.