Monday 4 February 2008

300

36 sec snatching 36 sec rest alternating arms after each set- cadence 15 reps per arm

20 sets - total of 300.

Yeehar - well chuffed with this!! Didn't think I would make 16 sets never mind 20 early on. Last sets on either arm were especially ugly as I struggled to keep hold of the KB indoors.

Will have to take a look to see if I should keep going with more sets, up the cadence, which I feel I could do or possibly switch to the 15:15 protocol. I've read that 36:36 taxes the grip and 15:15 the lungs, it's the grip I need to work so I shall keep that in mind as I proceed.

2 comments:

Martin Schap said...

Wow. Your conditioning is going through the roof. Being able to sustain an effort like that for that long is an indication of some serious work capacity. Good work.

Colin said...

Man, my arms felt like they were made of wood after I finished it lol

I think even though I've always carried a lot of weight that I'm more an endurance type of guy. Pretty steady at the Long Slow Distance running, and working long hours with lightish bails of hay etc.

I'm way off the pace on the strength stuff and HIT though :)