Monday 11 February 2008

Swing test....

24kg Swings x 125/5 mins.....crash and burn....

Was out to do 250 in 10 mins here. Even though I've taken an extra days rest, I was on the lash most of the weekend. It seems that drinking heaps of Guiness and vodka red bulls isn't conducive to high athletic performances....oh well!!

I felt rough before this, lethargic and sore head, but was hoping that I'd get into it once I got started. In truth my head just wasn't in the right place to try this tonight. I know that I'm close to this level anyway and rather than test again I am going to start introducing one handed swings to the Man Makers.

I also did a few snatches with the 24 just because I haven't done any in ages....felt heavy. And some levering with a sledge hammer. I have been totally inspired by Adam Glass on DD and also from a lot of articles I've been reading lately. I am going to start doing a lot more structured grip /forearm work along side this now.

No comments: