Sunday 13 July 2008

Back to the Dark Side with LSD

Foam Roller

Hams / Calves / Quads / IT Bands / Back

Joint Mobility 20 x 1

3rd Column - replaced Mike Boyles 2nd thoracic exercise for Wall Walks. I'd been doing them on the roller which is too deep, got some shooting pains up my back the other day. Figured they were to blame and changed them out.

Neck – left/right

Neck – forward/back

Neck – side/side

Wrist Rotations

Wrist Rotations

Wrist Rotations

Shoulder Circles

Arm Circles

Egyptians

Ankle Mobility

Ankle Mobility

Ankle Mobility

Ankle Circles

Ankle Circles

Ankle Circles

Squats

Squats

Squats

Hula Hoops

Cossacks

Split Switches

Thoracic Exercise 1

Thoracic Exercise 1

Thoracic Exercise 1

Wall Walks

Wall Walks

Wall Walks

Scapula Push Ups

Scapula Push Ups

Scapula Push Ups


Trigger point therapy – work on points relating to the shoulder.


FMS

Toe Touch – toes up, heels down 10 x 1

Active Leg Raise – supported leg raises, curl-ups 10 x 2

There went pretty well - re-test the FMS from the book tomorrow, so there should be a new batch of corrective exercises to work on.

Body Weight

Decline Push Ups 10 x 3 - work now begins on the mighty One Arm Push Up

Assisted One Legged Squat - 0 x 0 e/l Placed a chair under my chin up bar which already has a band hanging from it. Plan was to assist my balance, surprise, surprise it didn't. I was all over the place - will try again with a towel or bit of rope if I can find any and see if that's any better.

Over Head Deep Squats (Heels raised) - 5 x 2 Just a bit of practice really. In truth they weren't as good as the other day, felt pretty tight in upper body and I kind of flop into the lowest position after pausing at about parallel. Its all cool though, I'm still happy to know that there is no physical reason why I can't do the work and get them.

Pistols though are WAY off in the future.

KB Snatches

16Kgs @ 30 mins - 70-80% HR (130 - 147 bpm)

373 KCal (45% Fat) Max HR 155 (83%) Average HR 139 (75%) In Zone for 25:03

It's all Purposeful Primatives fault. There's a section in there about using a Heart Rate Monitor and I jumped at the excuse to use it. I've had one for years - training with it took me from unable to run a mile to a sub 2 hr Half Marathon in 3 months training. Later I dropped the distance and upped the intensity to run a sub 19 min 3 miles....ah, the glory days.

My battery went on it a few years back (not that I used it much then anyway) and they are a bugger to change...so it lay in the drawer. Today though I got a new one. I'm going to experiment with the zones and KBs and a lot of walking most likely in the beginning. Yes, I'm going back to Long Slow Duration, the Fat Burning Zone and periodization spreadsheets. This is where the hardcore leave and never come back ;)

You'll notice there are no total reps mentioned. I didn't count them but I tell you there weren't many. I was doing singles or doubles and then walking around a little to keep the HR from going over 147, hard to judge but 25 mins IN THE ZONE isn't bad haha.

Core Activation
Plank 45 secs

Side plank 30 secs e/s

glute bridges double leg 20 x1


Active or static stretches

Hamstring Stretch, Hip Stretch, Shoulder Dislocates.


Foam roller + Tennis Ball, longer session (about 10 minutes)

No comments: