Tuesday 15 July 2008

Out with the old....

...in with the new exercises I suck at.


Foam Roller

Hams / Calves / Quads / IT Bands / Back

Joint Mobility 20 x 1

1 st column. Stuck in some unassisted toe touches in the mobility, want to keep that going.

Neck – left/right

Neck – forward/back

Neck – side/side

Wrist Rotations

Wrist Rotations

Wrist Rotations

Shoulder Circles

Arm Circles

Egyptians

Ankle Mobility

Ankle Mobility

Ankle Mobility

Ankle Circles

Ankle Circles

Ankle Circles

Squats

Squats

Squats

Hula Hoops

Cossacks

Split Switches

Thoracic Exercise 1

Thoracic Exercise 1

Thoracic Exercise 1

Toe Touches

Toe Touches

Toe Touches

Scapula Push Ups

Scapula Push Ups

Scapula Push Ups

Trigger point therapy – work on points relating to the shoulder.

FMS

Trunk Rotation – hips and knees bent at 90 degrees 5 x 2

Single Leg Glute Bridges – 10 x 2 e/l

Deep Squat Progression – 10 x 2

How much do I hate thee? Shall I count the ways....Man I suck at these so much. Was looking for 10 reps of trunk rotation but could feel it in my back a bit as it's acting up today. Also last time I heard as much clicking and crunching was when I went to the Chiropractor. Not much ROM but at least it surpassed the all but motionless SLGBs. Tennis ball hard to keep wedged in even with help holding the knee, lucky if I moved an inch off the ground. Lot of work going to be put into these.

DSPs - nearly stopped these early. I was getting such a stretching, hips, knees, ankles, back, lats, shoulders being pulled fore and aft and the pain of deep stretching. I tell you this though my lower body especially felt very free afterwards.

Body Weight

One Arm Push Ups 5 x 2 e/a - inclined at the height of my window sill.

Bulgarian Split Squats 10 x 2 e/l - little bit of balance issue, weight no problem (so I should easily have strength for pistol) and I was getting a pretty good stretch at the hip off them.


Core Activation
Plank 60 secs

Side plank - didn't do these today due to back problem


Active or static stretches

Hamstring Stretch, Hip Stretch, Lat/Shoulder Stretch - so tight in shoulders and lats, as also highlighted when doing the squat progression stuff.


Foam roller + Tennis Ball, longer session (about 10 minutes)

Hard session but feeling pretty good now. Lot of work to do to nail those overhead squats.

No comments: