Friday 25 July 2008

Time to get a grip again.

Foam Roll (2 mins)
Hams / Calves / Quads / IT Bands / Back

Mobility x 20

Neck – left/right

Wrist Rotations

Shoulder Circles

Ankle Mobility

Ankle Circles

DSP*

Hula Hoops

Thoracic Exercise 1

Toe Touches

Scapula Push Ups

*DSP - deep squat progression exercise. Put this in here as I've been skipping them lately and they do me more good than just bw squats. They actually made my F Squats tonight a bit stronger - was engaging the glutes more when driving up.

Weights (3 mins rest between sets)
F Squat: 24kgs x 5, 40kgs x 5, 56kgs x 5

Comment:A/W I'm ready to go for 6 reps next week

P Press: 16kgs x 7, 24kgs x 7, 32kgs x 7

Comment: A/W not so bad up to 8 reps next week

Vo2 Max Snatches (16kgs @ 36:36)

10 rounds of 16 - Total of 160 in 12 mins

Av ?? (??%) Max ?? (??%)
Stupid HR monitor hasn't recorded the session info for some reason - I do know that it wasn't as high as when doing 15:15 though, it seemed to be at 177 for the set and fell to around 154 at start of next.

Not so pleased with this. My best is 20 sets of 16. It is hard to say whether it was grip, back or my will which gave up first - I'll be back with this. It gives me a much more torrid time than the 15:15 and I'm capable of so many more reps. I'm all about working weaknesses these days so it makes sense to crack 30 sets of this.

Core

Plank / Side Plank / Glute Bridge / Side Plank Schap Style - 30 secs hold in each (6 secs between each) x 1

Comment: Shakin' Stevens again, though I found the front one purdy easy. Thought it made more sense to do glute continuous as well.

Stretches
Hamstring Stretch, Hip Stretch, Lat/Shoulder Stretch .

Foam Roll + Tennis Ball (about 10 minutes)

General Comment: Feeling a bit tired and hungry last 2 days. I had one of my 3 cheats last night but it was all I could do to not binge on biscuits. I eat plenty big portions for brekkie, lunch and dinner - maybe sneak in some more calories in my snacks. Hoovering around 216lbs for last couple of days.

My mood is still up and I've got plenty to be happy about with the way training is progressing. Trip to dublin is set back to next week so I thought I might use my old web skills to update the blog....look out for a new, darker style :)

No comments: