Sunday 27 July 2008

Vo2 Max PR

Warm Up:
Mobility along with toe touch progression and deep squat progression exercises.

Vo2 Max Snatches
(16kgs @ 15:15)
70 rounds of 7 - Total of 490 in 35 mins *PR
Av 176 (95%) Max 190 (102%)

Stretches:
Decompression hang / Hamstring Stretch / Child Pose
To be honest I was so drained I just did some simple ones so I could just sit down and re-coup.

Comments: Yesterday was a disaster nutritionally speaking. Spent the day with my brother and his kids and ate whatever was at hand....none of it fitted in with PN I can tell you. So before I go have a big old sunday lunch I wanted to try to redeem myself for the eating and for the 36:36 effort on friday.

It has seriously drained me but I am very happy with the results. I have the 80 sets in me OK but I stopped primarily as my hands were beginning to tear up a bit...next time. Check out the HR by the way - hit a new max there too!! Haha. It has always been a little higher than the old (220 - age) general formula they use, so that doesn't mean anything. Where else could you go for 35 mins at 95% though - it's crazy!!!

5 comments:

Martin Schap said...

Wow! I don't stop by for a day and evertyhing changes! Good session and like the new look. Don't worry about the occasional lapse in diet. If you get it right two times out of three that's pretty good really, and I know you're way ahead of that.

Colin said...

Cheers Martin

Trouble with the eating is that it isn't the occasional lapse - more like collapse. But it's cool, just jump back on the wagon and extend the period til next time :)

Franklin said...

Hey, hey .. I know the drill. I pigged out last night on bread and butter at a restaurant .. it just happens sometimes and I role with it. I'm probably around 85% compliant with PN and still enjoying life.

Great job with the VO2Max. I personally can't handle anything over 30 minutes of solid work. I probably should have worked up to 8reps/set with the 16kg but decided to just go for it with the 24kg. If you haven't done so yet, check out Jordan Vezina's Average to Elite blog as he is making fantastic progress with the 16 and 20 with a big carry over to the 24.

Colin said...

The pig outs prob drag me down to 75% PN is the trouble - but sure what the hell, at least I'm not kidding myself I have slow metabolism or anything like that. It's my fault!!

Funny enough I was reading his blog earlier. Encouraging stuff. I still have wrist/grip issues using the 24 so I'm planning on going to pretty close to 80 x 8 and then switching to going after 30 x 20 36:36 to aid grip. Hopefully I can bypass having to look for a 20kg KB.

Need to take a look at the reifkinds respective blogs to sort out not tearing my hands up in the process though. You don't have any links handy for that do you?

Franklin said...

Rif's Taping Primer

Tracy's Sock Sleeve