Monday 23 June 2008

Chinning in the rain, just chinning in the rain.....

...not such a beautiful feeling and I am dis..dis..dis..disappointed again! :(

Deadlift & Grip


Mobility - Amosov Routine

Deadlift - 120 x 3, 130 x 3, 145 x 3 x 2, 140kgs x3 - took it up a notch from my high of the previous week, but there wasn't much in me. My work sets of 145 were a lot of work and I had to come down on last set instead of going up to 150.

Chins 4 x 1 + 3 x 3 bw with 1 blue band - this was a new resistance so wasn't sure what to expect. Just felt a little lacklustre.

Grip Work
A1 CoC Trainer 3 x 8
A2 Finger/Thumb Extensors 3 x 8 - sand bucket
B1 Pronation/Supranation - 2 x 5 @ 1.5kgs
B2 Adduction/Abduction - 2 x 5 @ 1.5kgs

Grip work went quite well - CoC feels very easy to me, I'll go for sets of 10 next week before progressing to the number 1.

Neck Harness 2 x 8 - 15kgs

Just when I thought I was rallying for a strong finish I strained the right hand side of my neck - bloody painful it is too. So there'll be a day or so of walking bolt upright and twisting round from the waist. :(

Going to do what I mentioned yesterday about adding in a few carbs to my diet - feels like I losing strength and cardio capacity.

2 comments:

Martin Schap said...

A lot of people seem to have a tough week coming off a rest week. Sounds like you may be one of them. Next week will be better for sure. (Or maybe even this week.)

Colin said...

Yeah maybe - but I still think the diet is at least partly responsible. A handful of rice post work out and see how I go from there.