Friday 6 June 2008

Deadlift & Grip

Mobility - did not do!!

Deadlift - 105 x 3, 120 x 3, 132.5 x 3 x 2, 137.5kgs x3 - felt really good. I did these "touch and go" rather than re-setting between each rep. It adds another dimension in that I find I'm fighting to keep decent form. If the weight was much heavier though I'd stop and reset as I'd imagine it's easy to get injured that way.

Chins 5 x 3 bw with red bands, found some info on the bands which I'll put following this. Again felt good, felt it in my shoulder a little but it got easier as I went through.

Grip Work
A1 Pinch Block 3 x 6 sec holds - 16.5kgs
A2 Finger/Thumb Extensors 3 x 8 - sand bucket
Wrist Reverse Curls 3 x 8 - 16kgs KB suspended with a steel bar
Wrist Curls 3 x 10 - same as above.

Pinch holds were right on my limit. Sand bucket is OK for extensors but I'd like to get bands when I've got the cash. I like the wrist curl set up as the KB can and will slide up and down the bar if you don't use control. I didn't mean to do more reps on the ordinary curls, it was just easier and I found myself forgetting and doing a couple of extra each time.

Neck Harness 3 x 8 - 12.5kgs. Think I used 15kgs last time I did these and my neck was sore the next day so I knocked weight back.

Really enjoyed this session. Given I was just plain lazy yesterday and missed a day I plan to go back out later and do some KB and sledge work (no dresses!!).

Iron Woody Bands

# 3 - Small (Blue) 25-80 lbs
# 2 - Super Mini (Red) 10-50 lbs
# 1 - Mini (Plain) 5-35 lbs

I've moved from 2 blues to 2 reds. Not too sure how you'd interpret how much help each set gives me. I'd say though (and correct me if you think I'm wrong) that based on the above I could progress by doing 2 reds, 1 blue, 2 plains, 1 red, 1 plain. Hopefully I'd be able to skip the odd progression step along the way.

**Edit**
Part 2

1 Handed Swings 24kgs / Sledge Hammer Strikes 15:15 x 33 rounds (5 min break in middle)

Was alternating with my 4 1/2 year old nephew so my rep range was 7-10 on both as I had to talk to him throughout. He did really well actually. He was hitting the tire with an old spade handle I found laying around and was deadlifting the 16kg bell, which he lifted at least once every round. He made me stop in the middle to get him a drink and a biscuit haha.

No comments: