Thursday 12 June 2008

Great session

Deadlift & Grip

Mobility - Amosov 10 reps - felt really loose and free in my joints when doing these today.

Deadlift - 115 x 3, 130 x 3, 140 x 3 x 2, 147.5kgs x 3 - very pleased with this performance. Knew it was going to be a good day after the mobility exercises. Re-set after each rep on the last set. Wouldn't have wanted to go much heavier than that either, was a little close to the nerve for me.

Chins 5 x 5 bw with red bands - improvement here too. Can progress to using 1 blue band.

Grip Work
A1 Pinch Block 3 x 6 sec holds - 16.5kgs
A2 Finger/Thumb Extensors 3 x 8 - sand bucket
Wrist Reverse Curls 3 x 8 - 16kgs KB + 1.25kg suspended with a steel bar - took off the 1.25 for last set
Wrist Curls 3 x 8 - 17.25kgs

Neck Harness 3 x 8 - 13.75kgs.

Felt really good throughout - though my hands were getting tired doing the grip work. I have a final conditioning session tomorrow where I'll go hard then I'm having an easy week next week. Will probably half the volume and may even lower the intensity too. I think I shall forego most if not all the grip work as it will get plenty of work from my main exercises anyway and it is apparently very easy to overwork.

2 comments:

Martin Schap said...

That pinch work will pay big dividends. Nice session.

Colin said...

thanks martin