Sunday 17 August 2008

36:36 PR

Warm Up:
10 Sn L/R 16kgs (bit lame!!)

Vo2Max
16kgs 16 reps @ 36:36 for 24 rounds PR - Total 384 in 28:48

Comment: Warm up was a bit lame - I'm getting away from all those re-hab mobility exercises that served me so well. Must start doing them again.

I think my previous best was 20 rounds of 16 for this protocol. As I recall my wrist got injured last time I was doing it and had to give it up. Even though I am a lot heavier my conditioning now is better so I was able to give full concentration to my hand position on the top (ensuring my wrist wasn't weak or bent back on lock out) and on saving my hands from getting shredded. Although this was working well with my newly sanded handle it proved to be 1 set too many on my right hand side when I noticed a tear on my little finger.

I was going to stop there anyway as my forearms were solid and my grip was altering to compensate for this - which is probably how the tear happened. All in all though I'm delighted to be knocking out PRs all over the place at present and am happy with how close I got to the target of 30 sets.

Franklin I'm going to anticipate a question - target is 30 sets of 18 reps before I go up to the 24 and the 15:15 protocol.

Martin just to inspire you even more to get a sand bag sorted out:


There's a 40, 30, 20, 10, 7.5, 5 and 2.5kgs so I can make up anything from 2.5 to 115 in 2.5 increments (don't need the 7.5, but had the bag over). As I was bringing them out to photograph it struck me that I could use the yellow bags for farmers walks as well. That would really sort out the old grip!!

1 comment:

Martin Schap said...

Nice session, and very cool sandbag setup. I definitely need to get on that.