Saturday 30 August 2008

Upper Body

Warm Up:
Mobility Pumps and Squats

Sandbag P Press: 5x5, 3 mins rest
20 x 5, 30 x 5, 40 x 5, 50kgs x 5 x 2

Stretches:
Decompression Hang, Hamstrings, Lower Back and Shoulders

Comments: Not too bad. Apart from the 50 the other sets were just using single yellow bags - these were far easier than when I had to put a 20 + 30 in the blue bag. Using the blue bag the two separate weights shift all over the place and I really have to grip hard.

Knew I had a bit more in me than the single I managed using 50kgs a little while ago. Time for a day off now.

2 comments:

Martin Schap said...

Nice workout to cap the first week. I STILL haven't made a sandbag. I almost went to the hardware store the other day but I ended up skipping lunch that day. Impressive improvement going from one to five. You must be improving a lot of the little things like grip, stability, etc.

Colin said...

My dad told me today that he and his mate were trying to lift my barbell yesterday...without success. Both of them are builders though and throw around bags of sand and cement all day like its nothing. Sandbags = real world strength as far as I can see. Get to the hardware store!!

Last year I was doing 50 for 5 so I guess it was just the grip, getting it positioned right like you say. I'm definitely better at putting weight overhead these days. I'm looking forward to see what I can do as the reps come down this week and next.