Wednesday 20 August 2008

Running

Purpose of this run was to find my Anaerobic Threshold. It is fairly subjective but very accurate - you scan for signs of rapid breathing, legs starting to go like jelly etc. It is the point where your body can't clear the Lactic Acid as quick as it produces it, so anyone who has trained will be well aware of the signs.

Warm Up:
Mobility Exercises, 5 mins jog

Run: 15 mins Distance Covered - roughly 1.5 - 1.75 miles
AT estimated at around 167bpm (86%)
Comment: 2 things I took away from this today. First, that my AT is really high compared to overall Max HR. I seem to recall that it normally sits in the 70-80 range for the non-elite. I honestly believe that I have a really strong heart. Second, that I have lost so much speed in my running since starting Kettelbells and training for strength. I am undoubtedly stronger than I ever was, but I am also far heavier and slower and I'd say less "athletic" than ever I was. This was nothing more than a jog in pace today, mind you at just shy of 16 stone I wasn't expecting much.

It's time for another one of those re-thinks I like to have.

1 comment:

Martin Schap said...

Is fat loss your number one goal right now? If that is the case I don't think you could go wrong with black box CrossFit. I know people have concerns about it, but it is an amazing program for body comp. You can always just make substitutions if you aren't comfortable with a given move or don't think it should be programmed for high reps.