Monday 11 August 2008

Ch-ch-changing

Warm Up:

Mobility - Pumps, squats, halos, ankles, shoulders and neck

Weights (3 mins rest between sets)
F Squat: 24kgs x 8, 40kgs x 8, 56kgs x 8 PR
Comment:A/W This exercise is ab-tastic!!

P Press: 16kgs x 10, 24kgs x 10, 32kgs x 10
Comment: A/W I've noticed that my traps are bigger from all these. Also I haven't weighed myself for a little while but my jeans are a bit looser on me too. I'll take these side effects of getting stronger :)

Swings (top of the minute)
24kgs - 5 rounds of 20 100 total
Not great, will have to throw in an extra vo2 session sometime through the week.

Comments:
Been kinda doing the warrior diet for a little while as it is handy if nothing else. I am grand doing the day to day stuff and do indeed feel more alert etc etc that it promises, but when it comes to training and especially the cardio stuff I am drained. Mind you I am still squeezing out PRs in the strength stuff so it can't be all bad. Also while I think about it, I'm getting up the reps now and into the realms of strength endurance which does make my heart thump quite a bit while doing it. I'll stick at it for a while though and see what happens - though I don't want to I'll split up the strength and cardio stuff if needs be.

1 comment:

Martin Schap said...

You are changing your body composition. That's great! Congratulations on your forward movement. It seems like this has been one of your hardest goals to progress on. Well done old man.