Wednesday 7 April 2010

Back Again!!

OK - lets give this another shot. No longer at the Olympic Weight lifting due to all sorts of factors. I have fallen in love with KBs again...but I'm not allowed to touch them just yet.

About 5 weeks ago I woke up and tried to get out of bed. It was staggering how shot my body felt. I had pains in my knees, back and shoulder and felt stiff all over. It's like I was closer to 96 than 36. I have a choice wether or not to go through life like this or not....I chose not.

I contacted MC who is an FMS/Z Health/KB guru and she has been steering me on the right path. Currently I am working on correcting movement with z health drills which has worked to remove most if not all the pain I was feeling. I also wanted her to help me out with my Goblet Squat, TGU and Swing with the goal of doing a HKC later in the year.

The last session we had I mentioned how I was looking forward to getting started into some "real" exercise. You know - heart thumping, sweat inducing, man sized exercise to carve the fat off me. She had one word for me - diet!! 20 mins HIIT or drop a couple peices of toast out of what you eat. So at present here is the plan, session details to follow.

Tim Ferris' Diet Plan
MCs Advice

Today:

Z-Health
Ankle Tilts / Ankle Pulls / Hip-Leg Circles / Rag Dolls(Lumbar Circles) / Thoracic Glides / Neck - Turns, tilts, glides / Shoulder Circles - top, bottom, front across, side back (Nerve Glide for shoulder pain throughout day)/ Elbow Circles / Wrist Circles

3 PERFECT movements each side (use a mirror to check alignment)

BW squats to above parallel Arms out in front - 50+ reps per day

Every other day: Wall work with KB - Squat down and lever (curl), put it down and stand up

Food Intake:
3 Eggs (2 yokes)
1/3 tin black beans
1 cup frozen stirfry veg
1 tsp salsa

1 Burger
1/3 tin black beans
1 cup frozen veg
1 tsp salsa

1 Chicken Kiev
1/3 tin black beans
1 cup frozen veg
1 tsp salsa

No comments: