Monday 15 December 2008

Corrections - Day 8

Amosov Daily Joint Mobility Complex - 15 reps each

Daily Corrections Exercises
ASLR stretches
Toe Touch exercises
X Band Walk
Quadruped Hip Extension
Hip Stretch
Cook Hip Lift - extra set on right side
Hip stretch

2 x 10 reps each

Comment - Hip lift coming on, getting good height off the ground. Need to start work on hugging my leg to chest as I'm lifting.

I can pretty much touch my toes whenever and ASLR is a 2 or there abouts from cold too. So I am going to throw in the patterning for the Deadlift in a couple of days.

Initially this just means holding a stick to my back and ensuring that it stays in contact with my glutes/ lower back, upper back and head. Sounds simple, but previously I couldn't move too far before the stick came off at one point or other.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mouse here,
Which DVD are using - I'm thinking of getting the Primtive Patterns.
Sounds like you are making some headway.
Keep it up!

Colin said...

Secrets of the Core - the Backside. You'll find it under Brett Jones rather than Gray Cook in Dragon Door list.

Early doors still but happy with how its going so far.

Colin said...

Looks like there is some stuff on that DVD which is not in Secrets of Shoulder, Core or Corrective Movement and Strategies. Though there is a lot of overlap on those and I'd say on this one too.

I don't think that you could go wrong. The two DVDs I have of Gray are excellent. If I was considering making a career out of training, FMS is definitely the way I would go.

Martin Schap said...

So the DL patterning is Level 1 right? That's great news!